Saturday, June 14, 2008

cats and blocks

Our local quilt shop had FQ's for a $1...couldn't resist.
These were leftovers from my Hubby's BD quilt. This one will be for me. I just love creams and browns, don't you????
Baby in the back and Bess in the front. They are half sisters. Same feral mother and who knows who the father was. Their coloring is the same down to a pink toe on the rear paw. But Baby is smooth haired and Bess has long flowing hair. Bess looks like the feral mother. That colony no longer exists. Kinda sad but better for the cats. They were all trapped and hopefully have been taken to new homes. That feral mother had 2 litters a year for 10+ years. But the cats were all too wild to be socialized. Baby and Bess were both taken when mom was moving young kittens. They have a safe warm home with me.
Three of my 4 cats. Baby on the left. Macy on the catbed. Pearl looking out the window. They love my sewing machine being under the front windows. Great perch for watching birds, squirrels and chipmunks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Subee,
Your quilts are quite impressive...love the two quilts, thinking that the chocolate and pink is my favorite... nice work
Pam

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, gorgeous kitties. glad the babies found a home with you.

Rhonda said...

How could you NOT resist FQs for $1!! :-) Great selections!
Love your creams/browns quilt and feline friends too!

Helen said...

I sure do love your 'left-overs' blocks! You sure are a speedy lady!