Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Smokey Mountain Stars is now bordered and step#2 in CC mystery

I know...the quilt is sideways. But what is a girl to do when she made her design wall she was making smaller quilts????? It did it's duty for years. Now I want to make it the entire wall.
Poor hubby!
Anyway, the borders are on. I shopped my stash again this morning. The final border is a pale pink with darker pink polkadots. I do not even remember what I made from this but it was cut on the lengthwise and was perfect for a border. I prefer lengthwise fabric cuts for borders as there is much less stretch than a widthwise cut. And I did not have to piece it. Guess it was made to be!
And I thought of Bonnie as I was deciding on fabric. "Use it up girl" I heard her whisper in my ear. Yes m'am I say!

And here is my step#2 on the Carolina Christmas Mystery quilt being run by Our Bonnie!

7 comments:

Debra said...

loving your fabric choices for Bonnie's Mystery Quilt ;-)

SewCalGal said...

I love your Smokey Mountain Stars quilt. You've certainly inspired me to make one soon.

And I love your mystery quilt fabrics. Can't wait to see it when it is finished!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

JudyCinNC said...

Subee - I just love your colors for the Carodlina Christmas. But more so what amazes me is you are always so organized and in total control of your space. I just love coming to your blog to take a peak at what you are up to. Judy C in NC

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt each time I see it!

Kucki68 said...

I like the dark small border, very nice!

Laurel said...

I love your Smokey Mountain Stars quilt. I love the colors and want to try that pattern of Bonnie's soon (although I really should finish the Sisters Choice, Boxey Stars, and now Carolina Christmas first!).

I didn't realize you live in New Haven; I grew up in Leo and had friends in New Haven -- a life time ago!

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

I love your pink Smokey Mountain Stars! I've been wanting to make that pattern for a long time but had not thought of doing it controlled scrappy. But now, maybe I will.