And wouldn't you know it, the fabric I want for the gold sashing is in a clear box I can see but cannot get to easily. I will need to get a ladder and unstack a whole corner. Oh well, I need to fondle that fabric anyway. It has been a long while since I touched these fabrics. I may find a treasure there!
The grouping on the left are my hubby's work staging them in a colorwash. I may keep that in mind when assembling the quilt. He vows to help me.
I did some tailoring 101 today. Hubby bought some pants that were too long for his 6'2" frame. They were really way too long. In my distant sewing past, I worked for a men's shop here in town doing alterations. Not a rewarding job but as I was a young mother it allowed me to work from home. Alas, the store is long gone. But I still have my tailoring skills.
My ironing board cover is as bad as Bonnie's. This is a little fold away board that I set up next to the sewing machine. All I have to do is spin my chair. This is so embarrassing. I will have to make a cover real soon folks!
What I wanted to show you all is my careful matching color methods. I pick 10 squares that read the same and keep the "buddies" all together throughout the assembly process. It slowed me down a bit but I was happy with the results.
I had counted out my background squares then added a few for cushion. When I had used them all up matching and layering them carefully, the sewing could start.
I did the pair sewing and the corner square sewing all one after the other. I clipped between and carefully pressed and stacked on the ironing board. I sewed all the blocks today between laundry and feeding hubby.