Saturday, June 4, 2011

A gift from Australia (Tazzie)

I was chosen in a drawing from Tazzie's blog. http://tazziequilts.blogspot.com/
I won her "Orphan" block. It is drop dead gorgeous.
Thanks Tazzie!!!!!!


It is all quilted and bound. It will make a great coffee mug rug....but it is too beautiful to endanger that way. I will use it for one of my statues or bowls to sit on.
She also sent me a pack of 5" fabric squares called Mother Goose and Friends. I have not seen this fabric grouping before. It is way cool. I must use it as an I-Spy type quilt for a baby.
 My left hand here to let you see how TINY this block is and how teeny, tiny the pieces are. I do not know if she paper-pieced this block or not. If I were to try one I would use paper-piecing.
On the wall but the coloring/lighting is a bit off. The other photos show the true colors.

 I have been on a pink craze. I found this PINK flashlight. Isn't it too cute?
And another bonus is that it glows in the dark.
I am still stitching away on my Tumbler quilts. I needed to cut more 2" patches and I really like how this patch has the moon centered. This fabric goes WAY BACK! One of my first stash purchases and there are only tiny pieces left as I had fussy cut patches when I used the fabric. Sadly I do not even remember the quilt I made with it. I am sure it was a baby quilt for one of the grand daughters.

I have been really stitching away on neutral string blocks ala' Bonnie Hunter style. I actually made 36 blocks in two days. I have used up all my partial bobbins. Very frugal of me!!!!
I did list 12 neutral string blocks on EBAY yesterday. Hopefully they will sell and I will list more!
Item# is: 170650081003

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Lucky you! What a precious little block Tazzie made.
I also love the moon fussy cut in the tumbler shape. That is a small tumbler template. I have a couple of templates that shape, but they are both larger. Hope all is well with you!

Tazzie said...

You're so welcome Suzanne hon, I'm glad the parcel made it all the way across the Pacific.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Betsy said...

I love the little block Tazzie made too and all the tumblers. One day I hope to make a charm tumbler quilt too.

JudyCinNC said...

What a wonderful giftie from Tazzie. Yep, paper pieceing would be my choice. Judy C

Sarah said...

I have always enjoyed Tazzie's quilts/blog. What a wonderful gift. Love the tiny tumbler ruler. Where did you find it?

Saska said...

pretty block from Tazzie. I'd find a way to hang it up if you can. Too pretty to get dirty!..too much work in it!

bingo~bonnie said...

Where? Where? WHERE did you find that awesome pink flashlight??? I must by at leas 4!

Lately I've been buying my cousins wedding gifts as pink "for her tool sets" and this pink flash light would be a great addition - all things that we women need of OUR OWN! ;) no future fusses with hubby for using his stuff... ;)

So don't forget to hit reply and tell me WHERE?? ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie