Friday, October 17, 2014

A lovely Fall day

Our pine trees have grown so much that I had to go to the end of the driveway to take this picture. I prayed no one saw me as I was in my indoor clothes that one may call pajamas...
These colors on this tree just makes my heart sing.
I have an entire tote full of Fall fabrics. Trees, leaves,acorns,grasses are all in there. This is a problem for me as I want to make the perfect quilt from them but do not want to use them in error. Sigh.....


I used a link on Face Book and bought this pattern last night. I printed out the 13 pages...yes thirteen pages. I prefer to work off a chart not lines and lines and more lines of abbreviations. Anyway I started this last night and finished it this morning. I lost my place a few times. And since I need to make 35 of these motifs, I need to use stitch markers. But I am loving how it looks. The next motif will be much smoother. I am using Caron Simply Soft in Victorian Rose. This yarn is so soft and wonderful but it splits all the times. I have made 8 Corner to Corner afghans for Christmas presents using this yarn for the last few months.

XOXOOXXO Subee

4 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

The tree is absolutely stunning...
I did a great job with the crochet.
Have a nice weekend

Karen said...

I used to make lots of afghans but gave that up when I started quilting.

Michelle said...

Beautiful tree...........

Gari in AL said...

Beautiful crochet work. I have not crocheted for many years and then mostly granny squares but did return to knitting last year and am loving it. And I really do understand not wanting to mess up really fine fabric. I am finding self kitted fabric that hasn't yet gotten a plan.