Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Icicles and EQ 7's block challenge





The sun is shining. Clear weather means the temperature will drop. But first the snow will melt a bit. This is my upward view from my quilting chair. Beautiful yet so deadly. With below zero as a low tonight the roads and sidewalks will be deadly for walkers and drivers.

I found and bought a hot pink/purple 3" binder. I am slowly finding all my printed patterns from Bonnie and adding them to the notebook.

 Beautiful book...beautiful patterns...I love office supplies!

 I brought out my Singer embroidery machine to do a small item for my friend Gladys. I need to get this done before she heads out on her next trip! I delivered the Deer quilt last night. And our long arm quilt guild member assurred Gladys that her frame can handle the 120" X 120" quilt! WHOOHOO!
 I joined a group of EQ7 users (maybe all EQ users). They are doing a block a month. I joined yesterday but still have time to display my January block and ....
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1000005253725
 I also got the February block finished. Do the scraps look familiar? The bag keeps on yeilding more usable pieces. These blocks are 6" finished. I did not paper piece them I used the rotary cutting instructions. Of course I changed them so I could use my Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers!


http://www.doyoueq.com/blog/?p=1993

the above link should take you to EQ's blog. Then just follow the tabs for the block challenges.

10 comments:

Linda said...

Love the blocks!! Maison de Garance fabric looks beautiful in the design!

Valspierssews said...

I love those blocks. The colours are perfect. As a recently retired teacher I get a bit funny when the back to school sales are on. I totally understand how you feel about office supplies. It must be nice to think spring is not too far off. We are heading for autumn and the dry season thankfully. Cheers from Val in Brisbane

JudyCinNC said...

I have loved organizing all my patterns and, like you, have a binder for all of Bonnie's patterns. Mine is royal blue so not quite as pretty as yours. Are you using the sheet protectors? Love your BOM blocks and the fabric is perfect. Judy C www.shadetreequilting.com

D Brown said...

Subee;
I was trying to change a pattern to use my companion and easy angle rulers. I could NOT figure out what size strips I wanted to get a 2.5 unfinished square with 4 quarter square triangles.

Do you know what size strip to use?

Thanks, Deb in IL

Teri said...

blocks look great. Wish I could take on another project, but I know better

Gail said...

Subee, I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and bought a binder and sheet protectors for patterns printed off the internet. It's so much neater than having folders with papers in them.

Your block is lovely. I just can't get over how many projects you get done. I sew slow. LOL

Dionne said...

I really love your blocks. You know, I love being in a nice warm room with a chilly view. It makes me feel cozy and safe. The only thing that makes it better is having a good quilt project under foot!
Cheers,
Dionne

Idaho Quilter said...

HOw do you conect with the EQ s block challenge, your link for face book didn't work. Keep thinking
"Spring is around the corner"

Kim said...

Very nice.....are you ironing these seams open? What is the best way to learn EQ7.....I got it for Christmas but still having trouble learning it.

These colors are going to make a lovely quilt......I'm working on RRCB today.

Happy sewing

bingo~bonnie said...

Your EQ blocks look fantastic! Isn't it great revisiting fabrics from previous quilts when you dig through the scrap basket?? :)

I also see that you started your own "Bonnie Book" :) No sewing room is complete without one!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie