Friday, October 28, 2011

Slow progress...

I love all aspects of quilting with the single exception of row assembly. I have a wonderful design wall. The ironing board is handy. I have the assembly pattern to look at. But grrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I find this step so unfullfilling. Why? I do not know.
Below is my progress today. Not too much to show for all the work I feel I have done.
On the left side is my tiny BowTie with Kona Snow as the background. The "ties" are made from a charm pack that Tazzie sent to me. I am thinking of setting it on point. I did enjoy sewing this one together. Go figure......

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Jamestown landing is looking wonderful!! I used to dislike sewing the rows together, but I try to do it like an all you can eat buffet -- just one sitting. The finished quilt is enough motivation to get me through the labor. I guess we all have our stumbling blocks though, mine are borders:(
Lots of pretty projects are hanging out on your wall, it must be hard to focus with so many beautiful choices.

Janet O. said...

I'll assemble your rows if you'll do my cutting!! Fair? : )

Teri said...

funny my progress always stops or slows when it comes to sewing the blocks together also. I think this is because the best part for me is seeing the picture. The one blue block you have on the designer wall is loosing it's point (the blue is too light). Perhaps you want it to blend.

Vic in NH said...

Your progress on your Jamestown Landing is very exciting! I love your creamy string blocks in it.

regan said...

Sue, there is nothing slow about any of your projects! Look at all those great blocks! I don't particularly like the assembly part either, but I find when I'm at the half way mark, I seem to move a little faster! It's that light at the end of the tunnel....it beckons you! lol

Kristie said...

Love all that you have on your design wall! I agree with you, I do not like sewing the rows! I can't tell you how many of my UFO's that have all of the blocks pieced but just needs to be sewn together. I don't like doing that!
Kristie

Brigitte said...

love your version of Jamestown landing! can't wait to see your progress. greetings Brigitte

Lynn Dykstra said...

the bow ties look great on point.
I love the Kona snow background fabric