Saturday, August 1, 2015

I made hamburger buns!


I am preparing for winter. I have 40#'s of bread flour in the freezer. Also 5 #'s of yeast are there waiting.
I seem to have bread making down pat. I have occasional accidents but mostly I can be sure that the bread will come out.
I am not doing so well with the hamburger buns. But today's effort came out perfect. I used regular flour, not bread flour. I did not use the pricey bun pan that I bought from King Arthur Flour. I did use their bread bucket to measure how much it had risen. Here is the link to the recipe I used:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/PrintRecipe?RID=31&radio=1




Don't they look marvelous?


I made a 100 or so of the Disappearing 4-patch block.


And I made a 72X84 Scrappy Trip Around the World. Thanks to Bonnie Hunter for this great pattern.


And I cut the leftovers into useable scraps as I went. Great stash!


Lucky says hi.


Also started a Tumalo Trail by Bonnie. All the blocks are made. I need to rip out two as they are upside down.
XOXOXO Subee

5 comments:

Nita said...

The bread/buns look yummy! You mentioned making bread for winter. Do you freeze them?

Patricia said...

Good Morning--

I have been a follower for a couple of years now and so enjoy reading about your "adventures". and learn so much! I saw the measuring pan this morning and rushed over and bought one! I did not know such a thing existed (telling you when your dough had doubled). I always had to guess. Thanks so much for this (not quilty) tip! Have a great day!!

Patricia

Kristie said...

Do you freeze your buns and bread? I love prepping for winter! I always can as many veggies as I can from the garden. I also can a lot of meat. I love baking fresh breads and freezing those too. I've not tried the hamburger buns so I'm going to save the recipe and try them. Do they freeze well? Loving your Tumalo Trail! That is on my list to make. I am making a few others out of that book too.
-Kristie

cityquilter grace said...

wow....terrific sewing projects...and the buns are gorgeous! i love that website..king arthur....

Elaine Adair said...

Yeah - another Tumalo Trails - I am machine quilting mine, after a year delay! Mine ended up big - about 86 x 106 or close. this may take a while - Wasn't it fun to put together?

LOVE your warm colors on your tumalo trails. your work is always lovely and I've been envious of your talents many times over the years.