Thursday, February 26, 2009

Guild Mystery Quilt finished (sneaked it in)

All I needed to do was add two borders to finish this project. I need to show it finished by Monday's meeting to get two credits for the year's final drawing of finished projects. I also needed to get it finished as it is destined to be a birthday gift to my grand daughter Arika whose birthday is March 7th.
Here I am trying out some border fabric. I decided I needed to miter those corners. The fabric has been in my stash for years and years. Guess I have been saving it for my next life. HA!

I was very brave making this quilt. I had limited yardage of all the fabrics. That is not how I usually do quilts. I am walking on the wild side anymore! I have been buying fabrics in bolt quantities for a couple years. (Especially the neutrals.) But not for this one. I really dug to the back of my stash for these fabrics.



This was sewn back in November when the mystery started. I guess my short term memory is gone because I do not even remember sewing on it at all!


2 comments:

Pat H. said...

It's beautiful! I love the fabric and the pattern. Great mystery!

One Reader said...

Ooh, the fabrics are just beautiful! And you put them into such a nice pattern. Your grand-daughter should be really happy with it.