Sunday, August 23, 2009

Star Struck preview

I started sewing before daylight this morning. Hubby went on a trip with his sister and I had Sunday all to myself.
I love sorting through my bins for just the right fabric. I have them all controlled by color so all I have to do is open them and pick a strip.


I have all the strip units sewn and pressed and cut. I am now cutting pink squares for the accent in the Bonnie Hunter pattern Star Struck. I am going to a Camp Mack retreat in Indiana this weekend and Bonnie will be there teaching this pattern. I wanted to be comfortable sewing this so I am trying it before I leave. I love pink/brown combos...this will be mine. The one I am doing at the retreat will be all batiks...totally scrappy...no color control at all and should end up as a BD gift to one of the grand daughters.

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

Hah! Your space looks a like mine! I just finished reading about your squirrels and didn't read any farther, when I "commented" ..., that's what I get, for going too fast!

The brown and pink is one of my favorite combinations. I'll be eager to see it.

Lucky you - for being in a Bonnie Hunter class. She's coming this way in January, and I've written already for info.