Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hexagon Swap



This is so right up my alley!! A swap of basted hexagons in two groupings. One is totally scrappy and the other is all 30's fabrics.

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/2012/12/basics-for-hexagon-swap.html

I really like the basting part. I have not grown to love the assembly part. So here's hoping that receiving back new hexies after the swap is over will reignite my hexi urges.



I am going to give them a good pressing before I start. And also I want the hostess to say that the two fabrics in the bottom picture are okay for the swap. There are some rules about larger prints. I KNOW I can do some fussy cutting and get the images centered. I will wait until I get her okay!!! Gotta follow the rules!!!


One of my regular swappers on the Yahoo quiltvilleswap is named Victoria. (Love that name) Anyway she always sends a homemade catnip mouse for MaggieMae to play with. The first time I caught MaggieMae trying to bust into her swap package I really scolded her. After I opened it and found the mouse (that was triple wrapped in plastic) I told her (the cat) I was sorry.
The last package Victoria sent had two mouses in it. I hid one in the cupboard. MaggieMae found it the other day....


The catnip on the floor did not come from Victoria's catnip mouse. It is normally how the kitchen floor is in that area. Catnip heaven...so that is why it really tickles me that they still want Victoria's mouses!!!!


All done!!! She napped right where she stopped playing. Oh to live the life of a cat!!!! But then I would want to live here of course.


Or I would want to be a squirrel in this yard. (mine!) They get sunflower seeds and raw peanuts all year round. And that does not count them raiding the bird feeders too! They loved my homemade cornbread. The far squirrel is almost as large as the piece he tried to carry away. Too funny! I did take this picture through the front door window. But it came out pretty good!!!

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love the animal antics!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how sweet! Thanks for sharing your furry pictures today Subee! Maggie May is gorgeous :*)

Vic in NH said...

Oh, Subee, thank you so much! It tickled me to no end to see Maggie Mae enjoying my treat of catnip mice! She is such a sweetie and a real character, too.