Monday, February 20, 2012

My precious thimble by T.J. Lane

I lucked out many years ago (12) . I tried on a sterling silver thimble at the quilt show in Paducah. It fit like it was made for me. It has a small stone and a Jinny Beyer logo. It also was very expensive but it is perfect.
Once a needle pierced it and my finger. I wrote to T.J. Lane and they had me mail it to them. They fixed it for free!!!! So it is not really that expensive when you have a warranty like that!
 I have been mindlessly making more hourglass units to make more Ohio Star blocks. Today I worked on brown ones. I had the pieces all cut. It seemed a waste to not sew them up. Besides, my Explorer is in the shop. I cannot go anywhere. Sometimes it will start and sometimes it won't. It is too scary to drive anywhere if I need to turn it off! DUH! I sure hope it won't be too expensive.....

 Here is the catalog picture of my T.J. Lane thimble:

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Second post I've read now about this type of thimble. I'd never heard of it before. But when I look at your lovely, slim fingertips, I'm pretty sure what would fit you would not fit me. : ) If I'm ever at a show where I can try one on, though, I will certainly look into it.

antique quilter said...

hope the car repairs aren't too much...
being house bound is kind of fun usually means a lot of sewing time! I have always heard great things about these thimbles I may just have to check them out.Kathie

MaryLu said...

I'd love to see the "business end" of that thimble. I've seen a few through Bonnie's link up, and I'd sure love to see it in action, so to speak.
I hope your explorer gets all the bugs worked out.

Kats Studio said...

I too purchased one of T. J. Lane's thimbles in Paducah. I love it.