Saturday, December 27, 2008

Friday night furniture moved

I moved out my recliner that I use for hand work to an inside wall. (Will be much warmer though I lose my good view of the birdfeeders) I moved a desk to the right of my machine area. It made the work area into a large "U" shape and I totally love it. MaggieMay approves too.
I was able to move in my plastic roller bins of threads. Now they are so handy. I am planning on using it as an ironing station while piecing. I have a small watt iron and a Fons & Porter ironing mat. I have not tried this set-up yet with the iron, but I sewed all day and it feels "right". You know what I mean!


I am now drinking a glass of fine wine and eating pretzels, olives and two kinds of yummy cheese. Yes...this will be my supper.
BTW...our temps outside were in the 60's. We opened up the house and cleaned and dusted. Best way to move furniture. Felt like Spring here, at least for a few hours. The ice is all gone and the snow is melted. We had lightning and thunderstorms of ice this morning then it warmed up to be stormy and warm.

3 comments:

sao said...

Love your quilts, Subee - you are famous for your VA BOUND QUILT you know! Everyone is talking about it.

AND....I MUST MUST MUST GET THE PATTERN FOR YOUR LITTLE KITTY MAT BESIDE YOUR SEWING MACHINE...I have six cats and I so love it.

Happy Quilting....sao in Midlothian, VA

SubeeSews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SubeeSews said...

The little mat with 6 kitties is a signed oil cloth I bought off EBay many years ago. I paid way too much for it but it has been really easy to clean and is looking great considering it is probably 10 years old.