Monday, December 22, 2008

more ice storm pictures

This is our front yard tree. In the past it has dropped limbs on my parked truck during the summertime storms. We had it trimmed out. Now with this storm is has dropped lots of big limbs and tons of ice chips and tiny branches. When they hit the front windows the cats go nuts!
My poor big spruce trees. When we planted them they were only 5 feet high. I sure hope they make it.

These two shrubs are at our front door. The poor things are leaning so bad.

Hubby had to work cutting up trees today. It is only 6 degrees and there are wind chills of -25! We are expected to receive more snow and ice tomorrow. Yikes!
Today I did 4 loads of laundry. I did them one at a time for fear the power would go out. It took all day but now the laundry is done and the dishes are washed. We kept the house warm with a big pot of chicken broth cooking. Then I made chicken and noodles. Yummy!
A friend of mine who has a Persian cattery is still without power. She has many little kittens. They are using a propane heater to keep one room warm for them. Poor kitties.

No comments: