Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pink Smokey Mountain Stars quilted!

This quilt has been made for my lost Granddaughter Tarrah. She was given up for adoption in 1989. And found in October 2008. I cannot begin to tell you all how pleased I am.
So, I had to make her a very special quilt. She loves pinks, polka-dots,butterflies and cats. I got them all in this quilt. And I backed it with "Minkee" in a pink/brown print.

On the machine for quilting. What you cannot see is MaggieMay lying at the end just out of the way.


I love all the pinks here. Now I want to make myself one in browns. I thought the assembly was tricky but it came out great! I numbered each set of five rows and also gave them letters. Kept me straight.


Just beginning assembly. I kept it very organized. The corner triangles were from a different set of fabrics so there were no repeats.




No comments: