Friday, April 30, 2010

Pink baby quilt is all done

I accordian fold all my binding as I press it. Then use selvedges to tie until needed. The folded stack fits great on my machine bed and unfolds like a dream. No need to roll into a ball or hand on a hanger.
I have not seen this sick squirrel today.
The sores started as a spot on her head.
(she is one of Stubbie's last year babies and she comes for peanuts too)
She is almost totally de-furred now. Poor thing....

I used King Tut variegated pinks for the top and a soft pink cotton thread for the bobbin. Lots of pins kept it all straight and even.


I am in love with diagonal quilting right now. I think I have been adding it to the last five quilts I have made. No marking I just eyeball.
This quilt is for a friend of mine, who commissioned this quilt from me, for a friend of hers upcoming grandchild.


Love the plaid binding....just says "I am done" to the quilt.


This picture is for Taya to see her choice of label for the back of this quilt.

Hubby was mowing the grass so I pinned the quilt back up on the design wall. He was not ready to hold a quilt up for picture taking.
I have one more smaller baby quilt to quilt then I can get back to my CRABAPPLE quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter http://www.quiltville.com







8 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm with you; I love to "grid quilt" as my husband calls it, and I LOVE plaid binding! The quilt is beautiful!

Not Sew Ordinary said...

I love all the projects you show on your blog. I am a Bernina fan but have only had hand-me-down machines. I am in the market for one of my own and want to know what kind of machine you use. I can't quite make it out in blog photos. Thanks so much. Jessicajnorris@hotmail.com

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That's a great way to keep the binding tidy.

The poor squirrel probably has mange. Coyotes around here get it and sometimes almost completely lose their fur. Of course, in the winter without fur they die. Hope your squirrel is luckier.

Cheryl Willis said...

I love your label, I have a pannel of those to use on kids quilts. cw

qltmom9 said...

SO ~sweet~ and pretty pink. I wish my diagonal quilting didn't get all lopper-jawed.

Lucy~

Rose Marie said...

Good tip about the binding and I love plaid or stripes to add the final touch. Pretty quilt!

cockermom said...

Beautifully done as usual Suebee! Your work is always top notch! Donnie

Gari in AL said...

I am not a pink person but your baby quilt is lovely and quilted beautifully.