Friday, March 30, 2012

Maggie Mae's new summer haircut!


Here she is in all her glory. She always turns into a "kitten" after a good haircut. She is no longer matted under her front legs and I am sure she can move much more freely now.
The post lady yesterday laughed out loud at her on her stool at the front door. She said she had never seen a cat like her before! Maggie Mae does not care.
She is able to actually lick her skin. I feel so sorry for her with all that fur. I would never have deliberately bought a cat like her. But she was a gift to me. And it did rescue her from a breeding house that had 50 cats running around. Full of hairballs and poop hanging off their furry rears. She was actually having her bottom shaved when I was there to rescue her. PHEW!!!
She is so sweet. She never holds a grudge. That is what makes a Himalayan such a great pet for households with children.



The t-shirt quilt came back this morning. I have the binding and label all sewn on.


I accordion fold my binding after pressing. And use fabric strings to tie them up under use. Then they just sit on the bed of my machine and feed off beautifully.


I have way too much quilting stuff. It is all good stuff. I just have way too much of it. I buy things ahead of time knowing someday I will need it. I have never tried applique'. But I do have bias bars (found them right off). And I remembered buy a package of 200 sheets of heavy weight pre-cut freezer paper from C.J. Jenkins. Think I could find it?  NOT!!!!!
After two hours of searching and a major paper cut I did find it. GEEZZZ!

By then I no longer felt like trying this "new to me" technique. Maybe tomorrow...but at least I did find it.
And I also threw away many old catalogs no longer needed.
XOXOXOXO Subee

4 comments:

Leanne said...

We bred cats for 10 years and I was shocked of what I saw how SOME breeders kept their queens, I don't think I will ever buy a pedigree cat again. Unless I really look and search hard how the cats are kept. AND ask the hard question what happens to the breeders when they get old.
Love Leanne

Janet O. said...

I don't quite know what to read into Maggie Mae's look. Seems to be fraught with meaning, but I don't know what it is.

Beth in NEPA said...

I enjoyed your entry for today. We sound a LOT alike in the need to always have more than we can use at the moment.
We have a siamese that got ring worm and had to be shaved. Poor thing, she looked like she was starved to death. It has grown back now and she is well.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh isn't she a sweetie! We used to have to shave our Himalayan like that - she loved it!!!