Friday, May 23, 2008

Brick Road to Africa

This is Bess. She is a major quilt tester. This one met her approval.
Well...it fits the bed but is now too big for my machine set-up. I did meet a long arm quilter and may have to check her out with this quilt.
This is what I found in that box dated June 2002. 100+ brick road blocks all done, lots of strip sets all sewn together, a stack of 6 1/2" strips, a stack of 3 1/2" strips and at least 50 2 1/2" strips of all these wild animal prints. Talk about making me excited!! It is like finding money in a coat pocket. It is already yours but you had forgotten it!

The tiger panels were a weird size...14 3/4" square. SO I added a trim to them and made them 18" square. They played much more nicely with the 9" brick road blocks.
Just slapped them on the design wall to get a feel of the quilt. Hubby helps so much. He has an artist's eye and always comes to my rescue. I was going to just add the tiger panels to the corners. He said they would be better in the center. And I agreed.
I was at the end of day one working on this. I was also cooking a chicken to make homemade chicken and noodles. The food was done before the sewing. I finished the quilt the next morning.

1 comment:

sue said...

I love this what a "find"; i am a great tiger fan
sue