Saturday, February 21, 2009

Masonic Quilt progress

Here is a sample sewing of the embroidery. Still need to get it onto the block fabric. One thing at a time. I am sewing today.
Here are some block pieces waiting for assembly. We are having a snowstorm today. Perfect weather for sewing. I am so totally intimidated by the curved piecing in this block. Yet somehow everything has come through really nice. I am so glad I found and bought the template for this block. The cost was terrible ($26). Yet the ease of rotary cutting and the sewing assembly sure makes it worth the price. I truly believe this block is for hand piecing yet I am using my machine. Who woulda thunk?

I made one block before doing some chain piecing. And I am in "old movie" heaven. Raintree County and Gone With the Wind have been on TV back to back on the TCM channel. That is why I am getting so much done. I have both movies on DVD but still watch them on the commercial free channels when the come on. Hubby wonders about that. I cannot explain it to him.



Isn't the block beautiful?


The requestor of the Masonic quilt wants embroidery on the quilt too. So I had to get the embroidery machine out of the closet. It took me 4 hours to get the software on my computer. I think the XP was not too compatible with my embroidery program. But then it has been 10 years since I played with the program. Once I had it loaded it took me another 2 hours trying to get the design onto the embroidery card. But once I had all the computer stuff done the embroidering only took 20 minutes or so.






No comments: