Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Zoey's birthday quilt is done!

I love using Minkee as a backing on a quilt. And my Grand daughters all request at least one Minkee quilt a year. I try to oblige if I have the right color on hand. My GD Zoey loves purple. I made her a fun 9-patch purple cat quilt and the Minkee I had goes perfect with it!
I just did simple straight line quilting on the quilt. And the back is so yummy I just want to pet it!
And I also made three Project Linus quilts exactly like Zoey's quilt. They will be turned in next Monday at Quilt Club meeting. I used up lots of fabric. And that was my goal! Shop the stash!


 I found another use for those pencil boxes. My bolts tend to slide/lean when I remove one for cutting. Then I had a lightbulb moment and slid an empty box to hold the place on the shelf. It worked great!
And here is just one view of my fabric cutting room. My wonderful DH made me shelving that spans the entire room . And this is just one view of the cutting room. I will take some more pics soon.
I am so amped up waiting for the first cutting/sewing clue from Our Bonnie Hunter. Once again she is generously doing another Mystery Quilt for her fans. The title is Orca Bay. You can see it at her blogspot. (http://www.quiltville.com)
Colors are reds, blues,blacks and neutrals.
So, I added a quick swap to the Yahoo group "quiltvilleswap". I am doing a washed fabric black/white swap due on December 1st. I am thinking these swappers could all use some reds too if they are planning on doing Bonnie's Mystery.
I am crossing my fingers here in beautiful Indiana!!!!

6 comments:

regan said...

Those minky quilts will certainly keep a little peanut happy and warm, with that extra soft cuddly side! Very nice!

And I can't wait to see more pics of your sewing room! I love how organized you are.....I need tips! lol

And yeah, can't wait for Bonnie's first round of instructions! Have started to pull fabrics from the stash.....I'm leaning towards more grey than blue....somehow I seem to have a lot of that in my stash! It's always amazing to me what I have a lot of at certain times! I guess that's why I love mysteries.....cuz they make me grab colors I probably haven't touched in a long time! :o)

Janet O. said...

Love Minkee on the back of kid's quilts. So cuddly.
I'd shop my stash ALWAYS, if I had one like yours, from what I can see!!

Elaine Adair said...

OMGosh - what a stash you have! And what a great wall of storage you have!

Sheila said...

I have a fondness for Minkee on the back of the kid's quilts also. I have recently started omitting the batting on the baby quilts so they are easier to swaddle with. Your quilts are lovely.

Brigitte said...

Amazing stash, especially the whole bolts - haha and my husband think I do have a big stash ....
good joke
greetings from Germany
Brigitte

Ruth Ann said...

Love Zoey's quilt! So soft and the purple is a little girl's delight!