Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A cat's tail that refuses to allow me to sew.

This is what I have to deal with when I wish to sew and Lucky Lucy wants to help.


She does it from the side...


She does it from the back.
She plays "chicken" with the needle and her tail. honest....I have to barricade the sewing area at times. She gets lots of attention from us. She does not need to do this to me! She swipes it back and forth with real force. She is not doing it by accident. There is real intent to interfere with my sewing.


And when she is not trying to hurt herself with the sewing machine she tries to suffocate herself in a plastic bag.


Look at that face...defying death!!


Love her little pink toes...


And this quilt is all done. It is called Road Trip. But my mediums were too dark so I stopped at 12 blocks and will make more.

 Easy block to make.
XOXOXO Subee

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

Too cute, too cute.

sandra said...

That is one smart cat!! Knows how to make you take notice. Is that block the x and + block that has been on some blogs? I have only seen it in modern fabrics but it looks really good in the fabrics you chose.

Mary K said...

I just love this pattern. I added it to my "to do" list. Like I need another on that list!

Gari in AL said...

You need to have a cat like ours: no tail. Currently I am having the same problem when knitting, three doxies land in my lap. I may have to go to a sit-n-knit group just to have some knitting peace. Sewing I do in a studio building where there are no dogs or cats allowed. Could knit there, I guess.

lleblanc_nd said...

I would be tempted to sew on her tail just to see if it would "cure" her habit. Ha ha!! We have a Samoyed one-year-old who likes to push himself under my sewing table so I will stop and play with him. Just like little kids!!

regan said...

What do you mean, your mediums were too dark!?! I think it looks fantastic! Now I want to make one! :o) Thanks for all your inspiration! And your cats are so fun! :o)

Frog Quilter said...

Too cute!!!

angela said...

My cat does the same thing. Even if I'm kitting or crocheting she has to be with there on my lap. But when she sits on the machine I worry and I especially have to be careful when using my rotary cutter yes she's right there. Love the quilt looks wonderful

Elaine Adair said...

That Rascal!!!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh dear! If you EVER hit her tail I bet she would never do that again. I don't know how you get so much sewing done if you have that to contend with! Love the quilt you are working on - I don't see that your mediums are the wrong shade, but in anycase you have a nice quilt now! Cheers! Evelyn