Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pineapple blocks are addicting!

Wish me luck...tomorrow is my first guild meeting as the President.
Why oh why do I do these things to myself?????

I know it does not look like much. There are 12 pineapple blocks here.
I need to make lots more.
That is ok as I do like paper piecing. But it sure makes a mess.
I paw through my scraps to find the perfect color...I know I am a control freak. But the memories of these itty bitty pieces of fabrics are so great.
The scraps seem to multiply as I go through them!! I did sort out my "strings" from the scrap pieces. I have three big Ziplock bags (gallon size) full of just strings!!!!!
I was only going to make 4 blocks...then decided to make 12 now I want to make lots more!!!!!!!! So yes, they are addicting.
I joined a swap at another blog. I made 78 6 1/2" 9-patches and 50 3 1/2" 9- patches for the swap. These are my leftovers and every single piece made it into my pineapple blocks. Except for what is in that little bowl. I do not save those little pieces of trimmings.
And I really like the Superior thread So Fine. It really fills up a bobbin!!


These are my blocks for the Twilight swap over at Block_Swappers on Yahoo. The only colors allowed are gray/white/red/black. This is the second swap of this type I have been in from that group. I have been swapping with this group in other ways for YEARS!
I love swapping even more now that I am a scrappy quilter.
It took me three solid days of piecing to make those 128 9-patches. I mean 8+ hours a day! but I was happy to help this swapper out. She had someone back out at the last minute and I was able to fill in.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be an amazing Guild President!! I'm enjoying watching your pineapple block progress as well!!

julieQ said...

And I know that swapper really appreciates you filling in at the last minute...thank you so much!!! Lovely blocks...pineapples are pretty!

Ruthie said...

I love your pineapple blocks! I'm sure you will be a wonderful president!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh, showoff, showoff, showoff!!! 8-)))) That Pineapple is just gorgeous!!! LOVE all the browns.

I actually HAVE a Pineapple Q hanging in the closet, without borders, yet unquilted. Maybe I'd better do something about it!

You will be a perfect Pres.!

Helen in the UK said...

Love those pineapple blocks and the secondary pattern that emerges! Hope the Guild meeting went fine :)

JayTee said...

I like your pineapple blocks. They are so neat looking. Love the colors

Renate Bischoff said...

I am sure, you will be a very good president.
Love your pineapple blocks.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I love your pineapple blocks! :-)

Rose Marie said...

You will be wonderful as President.

Love those pineapple blocks.

Dionne said...

Wow! that's a long time to be making 9-patches, and for a swap no less. I'm sure it was worth it in the end.

As for guild president, you're the best and I would love to be a member of any guild lucky enough to have you as president!
Cheers to you!
Dionne