Sunday, September 16, 2012

North Manchester and Our Bonnie Hunter

Yep! Here is proof...Bonnie is taller than I am!!!


 She is slim, lovely and ever so patient with all the newbie quilters. She showed them all how to achieve that "perfect 1/4" seam"! There are many methods that work and she helped each quilter adjust to their specific machine.


Signing books. Her time is sure not her own with 40 information starved quilters waiting with bated breaths.
The room was huge and she even had a microphone to get her words of wisdom to the far corners of the room.


The fluorescent lights really played havoc with my camera's settings. Some are very yellowish. The above photo is my day's work. My baskets are all string pieced in various shades of green. My tulip tips are burgundy.
 Six  7" tulip blocks made and three 3" spool blocks. The spool blocks are Bonnie's newest Leaders and Enders challenge. I even brought her a baggie full of pre-cut spool blocks for her own personal collection.


Here is my "space" set-up. I am NOT good in crowds. So I was in the last row on the end in case I needed some breathing room. I cannot help it. Even loving Bonnie as I do it was really a large effort to be there. 40+ women even with plenty of room was a bit too much for me.
On the chair is my Cinnamon Triangles quilt that is based on Bonnie's Pfferneuse pattern in her newest book, String Fling.  It made a great cushion.
I bought a black TV tray table that has three adjustable heights. It worked flawlessly at level #2. It was the perfect fit for the Janome 3160 QDC with the Janome 6500P's acrylic table that fits!!!!
A fellow guild member made me the ironing pad for the smaller TV tray. I was quite comfortable. When I needed to do some rotary cutting I simply stood up for a stretch too.
Here are a few photos of my neighbor's blocks:




So many nice people and the North Manchester College campus is beautiful. It is tucked into a residential area with lots of large trees and plenty of walking space.

I need to stay home with DH tomorrow so I called and offered my spot in the Crumb Piecing class to the next quilter on the waiting list. No charge of course.
Sorry Bonnie.....
XOXOOXXO Subee

8 comments:

The Vintage Seamstress said...

Your blocks are just beautiful, I hope you had a lot of fun!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Looks like you had a good day. Too bad you have to miss tomorrow. Hope your DH isn't sick or anything.

Janet O. said...

Glad you got to spend the day with Bonnie. Have you been to classes of hers before?

GittaS said...

Wonderful your blocks!!!
Grettings from Germany
Gitta

Jo said...

Lucky you to be sewing with Bonnie!!

Nann said...

So glad you got to the workshop! I need to re-look up that pattern.

Vic in NH said...

I'm so proud of you for facing up to your discomfort of crowds and having a good time anyway! Your blocks are so pretty with the greens and burgundy.

June said...

Two beautiful ladies! The quilt blocks are beautiful too.