Sunday, June 29, 2008

What I am working on now. Or current projects



I really like this block. I am speed piecing two at a time. Guess you would call them a positive/negative set. They will not touch each other in the quilt.

I think this is a pattern called courthouse steps. Just 1 1/2" strips sewn around. The block measures 7 1/2" square when completed.

I went to a quilt show this week in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It was put on by a very large quild here called Appleseed Quilters. I was so inspired by all the beauties I saw there. And there were two quilts there quilted by my longarmer who has both my Orange Crushes to quilt! I am sure they will be beautiful!

I had to leave after my tote became full of fat quarters and patterns. I spent so much I could not get gas for my truck. Oh well... I will just have to stay home and sew!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Pattie D said...

Sue,
Congratulations on your new machine, they are beauties! I love your quilt blocks, can't wait to see them done...and I agree I think Bonnie is probably a hero for a lot of us! Have fun sewing...
Tricia

Candace said...

Your machines and your blocks look great. I need to have my featherweight serviced, but I am so lazy, I don't know if I can give up the ease of threading and such that my regular machines have. I guess that if I use the featherweight I will have to get out the magnifying glass, and I'll be good to go. Sounds like a fun day looking and shopping.