Monday, April 27, 2009

Back from the retreat

We had one Scrapbooker working her magic. The results were very impressive. Her equipment was mind boggling! Looks as if she brought her entire craft room!
Ellen was my "table mate". She finished this hand quilting project on Saturday. She then started quilting another small wall hanging made from our guild's mystery quilt.

Here is Susan, one of our GREAT waitresses. She is a quilter too! She showed us her purse she had made. Beautiful. She promises that next year she will bring some of her work to share with us!
The food was unreal. We were treated like royalty. Two musical shows, Prime Rib, Broasted Chicken, Shrimp, full salad bar, full dessert bar....we sewed, ate, sewed, slept, ate, sewed all weekend.


Deb managed to get all this sewn by Saturday night! Beautiful work Deb! She is working on a Flying Geese border for this beauty!



My view from my little cottage. They were so quaint and tidy. I do not know how many cottages there are but they also have log cabins to rent and a campground. So nice and quiet back off a country road. You can hear cows mooing and donkeys braying.
All in all we had a great time. I knew I had brought way too much stuff. I will know better next time. And my 1938 Featherweight, Sissy, sewed like a champion. All the quilters came over to admire her beauty and the lovely sound she makes as she sews.




4 comments:

Moorea said...

What a dream, to have a whole weekend to sew. I am so glad you were able to get away. The gals you went with look like alot of fun. Good thing Sissy worked for you. I know you took alot, but don't you think it is better to be prepared? You would have so disappointed if she had not worked and you did not have much to do after that.

Karen said...

I like Deb's quilt that she is making. The colors are good and so is the design.

Teri said...

I hope you have just as much fun at the ISE retreat with Bonnie. I am sure you were able to accomplish a lot of sewing.

tala said...

Hi I came to your site via Google and I love the quilts on your site. I'm particularly fond of the one Deb is holding up. Is there any chance you know what the pattern is called and where I can find it? Thanks!