Monday, April 6, 2009

Black and White 9-patch



Yes, I am starting another black and white 9-patch. My daughter #2 saw Amanda's black and white and went nuts over it.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgthdDk71N0VV-6lZevFimDVizv7Z73qp7L2CV7EBCQ2CakVSjkJQzxSgMmip-mmLE_gg032NymEW5T5vIuqauZE-7-waoxsZZWFdBs4hfCwIWRM5RhRx1TqGWNetG09tt6LP5FLb0BgvI/s1600-h/DSC02340.JPG

So I started on Friday with pressing and cutting. By Sunday afternoon I had 77 blocks made. I only need 50 so there may end up being a third black and white 9-patch. I used 18 different black and white prints and 12 white or white on black prints. I have a good selection of blocks so they will all appear different in the quilt.

I bought a beautiful gray/black/white oriental fabric that I plan on using for the back and border. I need to get that cut today. And I need to cut two fabrics for the hourglass alternate blocks. I may use the oriental fabric there too. Need to get them up on the design wall to see how they look.

2 comments:

Dionne said...

The original was so lovely, it's no wonder your other daughter wanted one too. I can't wait to see the finished product. I can't believe how speedy you are! You leave me in the stitchy dust!
Cheers,
Dionne

Karen said...

You sure sewed those blocks up fast! I am going to follow the link to see the original quilt.