Saturday, April 18, 2009

Country Lanes pattern by Kaye England

I bought this batik off EBay. They called it Taupe and the picture looked very light taupe. But this is what I received. Looks gray to me.
Anyway, I went to a Gathering of quilters a few weeks ago and met Kaye England. I also bought several of her patterns. This is the first one I am doing. It is called Country Lanes. I am using the bagillion pink/white 3 1/2" 9-patches I had leftover from the Double Delight. And throwing in a few of my precious neutrals.

I still need to make 100 9-patches that have an extra light square in them.
I modified it to a 1 1/2"x 2 1/2" piece to make the odd square. I found some deep cigar boxes at the smokers' store. They are about 4" deep...great for patches.


Yes, I know...looks like a mess but I am totally in control until a cat decides to patch-out on my stuff!!! MaggieMae you know who I mean!



3 comments:

Jan said...

Cant wait to see ,when you get started ,I envy you your sewing room I have to move everything into the kitchen ....and er then out again ..love Jan xx

Pat H. said...

Boy, that Batik sure does look grey to me too. If it won't work for you ................... just let me know. It will work for me :-))

Pat H

Karen said...

How many is a bagillion? Must be a lot.