Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday sewing marathon-White Chocolate

This is the second quilt of this same design I have made. With the first one I tried a quilt as you go method. The results were nice but the process was not. So this quilt will be for DD#1's BD in July. I plan on quilting it with cross hatching on my Janome6600P. I finished the backing today. It is all Wizard of Oz fabrics. Lisa has wanted something made with those fabrics since I bought them a couple years ago. I bought the sepia toned collection of panels and yardage. It was like making a puzzle to get it to fit the White Chocolate's measurements. But I did it!
I am in two other 4-patch swaps this summer. Actually I was in three. That first one is completed. The next mailing is the end of June. A totally scrappy swap. The last one I am doing with Bingo Bonnie at HGTV. These will be for Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery quilt. I love Bonnie's quilts. Lots of pieces and stunning settings. If you have never tried one of her quilts you are missing a great sewing adventure.
Anyway I wanted to show you all the 2" drawer. It is so full I can barely pick a strip out. I swear they multiply during the night!

And here is the stack of drawers I keep under the cutting table. I feed the drawers as I cut for other projects! The blank drawer is full of odds and ends...some strings and odd block pieces.


When I assembled the White Chocolate quilt I moved my "Big Board" into the livingroom so I could reduce walking through the house. I can only do this when hubby is at work. I really am taking over the entire house!



Here is the pattern I am using. McCall's Quilting August 2007 page 68. I assembled the block sections way back in 2007. So after I found the plastic box with all the pieces all I had to do was assemble them. I still have enough left for a third quilt. Can you tell I love neutrals??????




This is old news. The Pink/Brown is all done and has been claimed by the kitties of course.





I really love the Accufeed foot that was an additional accessory I had to buy for the Janome6600P. Best investment I ever made!






And a kitty picture of course. This is the back of Baby. She is so very fat. But such a sweetie. A gentle giant. I bottlefed her. I stole her from a feral cat colony when she was real young. So young that she needed me to be her mommy. Now she weighs 20+ pounds and is still my BABY!







7 comments:

One Reader said...

Beautiful! I am amazed that you remember to take pictures of all that you do.

Karen said...

I like the name "White Chocolate". The neutrals make a beautiful quilt!

You seem to pretty organized with those drawers of strips.

Gari in AL said...

Your White Chocolate looks wonderful and really big. Almost big enough for your "baby."

Renate Bischoff said...

Your White Chocolate Quilt looks very beautiful! Love the colors!!!
Renate

Quilty bird said...

Your quilt is very pretty, but I just love all your kitty pictures!

Quiltingfool said...

Subee, you are amazing girl!!!!
I love the white chocolate. I'm going to have to look for a pattern like that . Love dem neutrals!!!!!
Come visit my blog - quiltingfool and see my quilts that I sent off to be quilted. My big Trips I am anxious to see quilted.
Judi

Rose Marie said...

Your White Choc. is gorgeous and I love your pink/brown kitty quilt.