Friday, July 2, 2010

Buckeye Beauty Blocks

Why oh why did I wait so long to sew on these units?
I was in a swap 6 months ago for these units. I just mailed away 24 more sets for another swap and then played with the ones I had. I think I have enough units to make three quilts. Very scrappy. I was happily sewing away today. Even though it is Friday it feels like a Saturday to me.
Here is my package as it was waiting to be mailed away
Here is my sewing area while working on the Buckeye Beauty units. Happy chaos!

This delightful little pincushion was gifted to me last week from a fellow guild member. Just because she said. Lovely Rita (not a meter maid) knows how much I love kitties. She was my secret sister this past year. I so enjoyed seeing her using the gifts I had given her during the year. THANKS RITA! And this little beauty looks like my two dark torties.



6 comments:

imagrandma2five said...

you're quilt is beautiful. I've always wanted to do a Buckeye Beauty quilt. How do you get so much accomplished? You're a quilting whirlwind!

Elaine Adair said...

Yes, right! it is a beauty!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Great scrappy quilt!! I've make a couple of them & it's one of my favorite patterns.

Ruthie said...

Love your Buckeye Beauty!

Hannele said...

What a beautiful quilt! Variation of the neutral triangles makes it glow :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Fantastic blocks, they really pop; well done! So, we'll see two more after this one? ;)

I will have to remember this Buckeye Beauty block, it has great movement, the contrast is nice too.