Monday, July 5, 2010

We're singing again!

I met my husband through music. I have to admit I fell in love with his music first. The rest is history!
We played out and still managed to hold down 2 full time jobs. This was years ago.

Fast forward to my back surgery. They went through the front of my neck to add bone/pins/rods.
I never throught that my voice would be damaged from the surgery. The doctor said that since I could still speak that there was no damage. No need to tell you how CRUSHED I was.

So, I am sewing away on the Buckeye Beauty quilt and here my hubby comes with his famous guitar and I sang and sewed while he sang and played. What a wonderful end to our long weekend together.
Now, my voice is much lower. But I was able to sing! Some of our songs seem too high for both of us. But I bet that after we really loosen up the ol'e layrnx we may be able to hit those notes again.
Did I mention that I love his music???? He writes all our songs.

And here is the result of my weekend sewing. It is 49X65. I see a narrow light border and then some random squares all around followed by another cream border.
I also started another quilt with the same units but with a different layout.
The end result looks like large Ohio Stars. I need to make some more 4 patch units.

5 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

glad to hear that you are singing--when I was ill last year I ended up loosing some of my hearing in my right ear. Threw me off for quite a bit b/c I couldn't tell which direction sound was coming from. It also made me self consious of how I sounded when i sing. (It is hard to pitch to the song leader if you hear everyone around you in random order) I also can't always tell if I am loud or not. I finally decided to just sing and not worry about it. You should too, you may find you really like your new voice.
love this top you are working on.- cw

qltmom9 said...

That Buckeye certainly IS a beauty.~
When I had pneumonia, coughing changed my voice...age too.

Glad you are singing.

Lucy~

Gari in AL said...

Your quilt is beautiful.

My husband and I used to sing in churches but it all stopped when I became deaf in one ear. I loved singing but now I am unsure of the notes and harmony is my favorite way to sing. I am so glad you are able to sing again.

Helen in the UK said...

Lovely quilt so far! Glad to hear you and your DH are enjoying singing together again :)

quiltmom anna said...

Your buckeye beauty is indeed a beautiful quilt- The colors are so rich and the hues are fabulous.

So sorry about your voice- I sing with my kindergarten students everyday- It really does give me pleasure and enjoyment to sing.
Enjoy your different voice- perhaps your husband will create some new songs for your new range.
Regards,
Anna