Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lake Cabin quilt progress

You are all so clever! Yes...a star is missing one leg. I must fix this. So I am working on it right now! I have also added a narrow black border and am deciding on the final border fabric.

No rhyme or reason to the photos today watchers. I am whipped and yet very pleased with my sewing. I had to get away from the monster Oriental quilt. I worked on Lake Cabin from Kim Bracett's Scrap-Basket Sensations. This was another quilt that Mary Flynn made and quilted for Kim's book. I went totally scrappy with this one.


 I also decided I wanted the Friendship Stars on each sashing instead of how Mary and Kim had it. I saw after I did that that the dark legs of the block sorta diminish the effect. But I am still happy.
 I love keeping things organized while sewing. It really makes a difference to the total outcome and whether I can ENJOY the sewing process.

 Isn't this a great quilt?
 And I have bonus triangles. I made some Broken Dishes blocks from the leftovers. They will work in to my Neutral quilt I have blooming in my head. I was going to make 4 1/2" blocks. But these ended up being 3 1/2". too small? Maybe and maybe not...we will see....


Can you find my error?
Hubby found it right off. I have not decided if I am going to fix it or not.


9 comments:

~Joan said...

You have a block turned the wrong way. Change it now while it's easy...you'll be glad you did!

corina said...

I would just leave it. Call it your mystery quilt and make a game of finding the missing piece. I really love this quilt!

JudyCinNC said...

I found a star point missing on the Friendship star in the second row. Was never able to depict the block turned. Very busy quilt but oh how I love it. Judy C

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your colors! I was thinking a star is missing a 'leg'? I'd fix it too. Have a happy week!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my goodness - every quilt I've seen of yours is one I'd love to cozy up under! What a great idea.

Now, I have to go back and see which block is turned wrong. Ole eagle-eye Joan (above)! 8-)

Gail said...

Subee,

Love this.

Gail

Quilting By Celia said...

Looks fantastic. I think I have to buy that book myself !

Anonymous said...

It was fun to pop into your blog today and see you working on this one! Gosh...too early this morning to find errors. LOL

antique quilter said...

always love catching up with you and your projects,
LOVE this one
and yes I like to keep organized too, I try!!!!
hmmm I would leave it you could always quilt it in!!!!
very fun!
Kathie